2005 Pontiac GTO Fact Sheet
For the 2005 model year, the GTO now had the hood scoops, a new split rear exhaust and a revised rear fascia in addition the the 400 HP LS2 V-8.
General Year Information
In the 2005 model year, the hood scoops, became standard, the exhaust pipes were now split to both sides of the revised rear fascia. Late in the year optional 18 inch wheels were offered. The major change for 2005 was the replacement of the LS1 engine with the LS2 engine. This 6.0L 364 CID V-8 increased the power and torque to 400 HP and 400 lb⋅ft respectively.
With the LS2 power plant, the car to be capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 4.7 seconds and was capable of a 13.0 second quarter-mile at 105 mph with automatic transmission. Car and Driver magazine tested the car and measured the 0–60 mph acceleration time of 4.8 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 13.3 seconds at 107 mph and manual transmission. The 0–100 mph and 0–130 mph times were 11.7 and 19.6 respectively.
Click the Tab to See the Details
2005 changes included larger front rotors and caliper hardware borrowed from the Corvette, a strengthened drive-train with the addition of a stronger driveshaft and a larger differential flange, as well as revised half-shafts. Dashboard gauge graphics were revised. Barbados Blue and Cosmos Purple were dropped, replaced with Cyclone Grey and Midnight Blue Metallic. Customers could order the GTO without hood scoops using RPO code BZJ, but only 24 cars had this option.
An optional dealer-installed Sport Appearance Package became available this year. It had a different lower rear fascia, aftermarket mufflers with quad chrome exhaust tips, revised spoiler, front lower fascia extension, recessed grilles and revised rocker panels. It was available as an accessory in red, silver, black, or primer colored, then to be painted for other color cars.
Production was 11,069 units due in part to a shortened model year.
Click the Tab to See the Details
400 Horsepower LS-2 V-8: Overhead valves. Aluminum block and aluminum heads. Displacement: 6.0L (364 CID). Bore and stroke: 4.00″ x 3.62″. Compression ratio: 10.9:1. Horsepower: 400 @ 6000 RPM. Torque: 400 @ 4400 RPM. Five main bearings. Hydraulic valve lifters. Camshaft Duration: (excluding ramps) Intake 204°, Exhaust 213°, Lobe Separation 116°, Lift (intake) 0.; 520″; (exhaust) 0.521″. Sequential Fuel Injection
- Six Speed Manual Transmission Ratios: 1st – 2.97:1, 2nd – 2.07:1, 3rd – 1.43:1, 4th 1:1, 5th – 0.84:1, 6th – 0.57:1 Reverse – 3.28:1
- Automatic Transmission Ratios: 1st – 2.92:1, 2nd – 1.57:1, 3rd – 1:1, 4th 0.71:1 – Reverse – 2.30:1
- Rear Gear Standard Ratio: 3.46:1
- Wheelbase: 109.8 inches
- Overall length: 188.98 inches
- Front track: 61.8 inches
- Rear track: 62.1 inches
- Width: 72.44 inches.
- Height: 55.12 inches.
- Weight: 3,791 lbs.
- Standard tires: P245/45 R17
- Standard Wheels: 17 x 8.0 inches
Body Paint Color Codes
Click on the Paint Code Name to See the Mix Codes for the appropriate color:
|12 Cyclone Gray|
|24 Impulse Blue|
|28 Midnight Blue|
|59 Yellow Jacket|
|62 Torrid Red|
|80 Phantom Black|
2005 Pontiac GTO
Current Market Values
Comfort and Convenience
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel Standard
- Audio controls on steering wheel Standard
- Speed-proportional power steering Standard
- Cruise control Standard
- Front cup holders Standard
- Front door pockets Standard
- Front seat back storage Standard
- Remote trunk release Standard
- Retained accessory power Standard
- Leather steering wheel Standard
- Single zone front air conditioning Standard
- Rear ventilation ducts Standard
- Dual illuminating vanity mirrors Standard
- Rear floor mats Standard
- Trunk light Standard
- Leather trim on center console Standard
- Alloy and leather trim on doors Standard
- Leather trim on shift knob Standard
- Front reading lights Standard
- AM/FM stereo Standard
- Blaupunkt premium brand stereo system Standard
Files directly related to the 2005 Pontiac GTO will appear below. Click to Download:
Related Images to the 2005 Pontiac GTO will appear below