The current collected facts on the 2016 Chrysler 300 as provided by Stellantis NA.
2016 Chrysler 300 Facts
2016 Chrysler 300 Fact Sheet
Auburn Hills, Mich. August 31, 2015 – Celebrating 90 years of American ingenuity, the 2016 Chrysler 300 lineup delivers on the brand’s promise of style, sophistication, world-class quality and technology – all at an attainable value. Through iconic design proportions with inspired materials; class-exclusive innovations, including a state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission delivering a best-in-class 31 miles per gallon (mpg) highway fuel economy standard on every model; plus the availability of the segment’s most advanced all-wheel drive (AWD) system and award-winning Uconnect systems and services, the Chrysler 300 is proud to be America’s big and bold sedan.
New for 2016: Chrysler 300 90th Anniversary Edition
With roots that date back to 1925, the Chrysler brand is proud to celebrate its anniversary with the Chrysler 300 90th Anniversary Edition. And like the founding father’s mission to deliver style, sophistication, quality and engineering excellence – all at an attainable value – the Chrysler 300 90th Anniversary Edition builds on the 300 Limited model’s long list of standard features. This limited-edition sedan adds the innovative Uconnect 8.4AN with the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen display, 3-D GPS navigation, AM/FM/HD radio, SiriusXM Radio, Bluetooth, Uconnect Access, plus SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link. The package also includes the segment’s largest dual-pane sunroof and HomeLink universal transceiver. And to make sure this Chrysler 300 is unique, commemorative 90th Anniversary Edition appointments include a startup splash screen logo and premium floor mats with an embroidered logo.
Bold American design that has broken the segment model for more than six decades
Confident looks, expressive materials and world-class execution make the 2016 Chrysler 300 stand apart from the competition.
At the front, a sculptured surface fascia proudly accommodates Chrysler 300’s prominent grille with unique dimensional texture and chrome grille surround. The grille contains the Chrysler wing badge, which appears to float within the dramatic grille texture and highlights the new “face of Chrysler.” Nestled below the upper grille is an elegantly drawn chrome Mobius strip, which outlines the lower grille opening and extends outward, surrounding optional LED fog lamps. This detail reinforces the Chrysler brand’s design direction and provides the Chrysler 300 with even more visual presence. Bi-functional projector beam headlamps are available with adaptive forward lighting (AFL) to better illuminate road curves ahead, while integrated LED-illuminated daytime running lamps (DRL) form a “C” shape for unmistakable brand identity.
From the side, unmistakably strong, yet subtly executed shoulder lines pay homage to the Chrysler 300 series design heritage and define the correlation between front and rear wheel arches. A high belt line stays true to the Chrysler 300 sedan’s signature proportion, while its elegantly tailored chrome side window surrounds and available chrome mirrors hint at the luxurious interior within. Seven wheel designs, ranging from 17 inches to 20 inches, provide Chrysler 300 with a road-holding look.
Chrysler 300 sedan’s powerful rear stance includes a sculpted LED tail lamp with an illuminated signature halo. Like the front, the rear fascia features a fluid surface and a tailored chrome fascia trim accent. A lower valance in black provides the sedan with visual width and lightens the appearance. Last, a pair of elegantly drawn, polished exhaust tips are placed in the corners to give the Chrysler 300 an upscale athletic appearance. These key design elements provide a visual Chrysler brand tie, while keeping each models’ unique personality.
Ward’s 10-Best Interior Winner: Decidedly American style with world-class materials, craftsmanship and technology
Inside the 2016 Chrysler 300 passengers will be immersed in a sophisticated blend of hand-sculpted fluid shapes, high-quality and innovative material choices inspired by American cities, precision craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology and thoughtful, clever features. When designing the Chrysler 300, the team incorporated unique design elements and utilized authentic materials to create an interior identity that is comfortable yet beautiful – and one that could only be born in Detroit.
Indigo / Linen Interior
- As the pinnacle of the Chrysler brand’s lineup, the 300C Platinum offers exclusive two-tone Indigo/Linen interior inspired by La Jolla’s ocean views lined by sandy expanses and unexpected coves. This sedan’s interior environment features segment-exclusive use of quilted and perforated Nappa leather on front and rear seats. Highlighting this sedan’s world-class level of craftsmanship and comfort are premium Nappa leather door panels with exclusive quilted inserts. A two-tone Indigo/Linen leather-wrapped steering wheel is hand-stitched together and includes die-cast paddle shifters and a unique chrome accent ring to highlight the segment-exclusive 360-degree heated rim. Completing the interior environment is specially selected and hand-sanded natural pore wood stained in a matte-Mocha finish for greater beauty.
- Once limited to exotic sedans priced tens of thousands more, the Leather Interior Package upgrades the 300C Platinum model’s interior further with ultra high-end Foligno leather from Italian leather expert, Poltrona Frau, wrapping the instrument panel and sides of the center console and finished with French accent stitching.
- Model: Chrysler 300C Platinum
- The high fashion and rock-‘n’-roll edge of Fifth Avenue in New York City was the inspiration for the Black leather interiors available in every Chrysler 300 model. Bright Chrome and Satin Chrome accents highlight the Black leather environment. Model specific use of hydrographic and stitching accents include Charcoal Metallic and black stitching (300 Limited) and Matte Carbon and Silver stitching (300S), while real Black Olive Ash Burl wood with bronze stitching is standard on 300C models. For a bespoke look, specially selected and hand-sanded natural pore wood is stained in a matte-Mocha finish and paired with Black accent stitching.
- Models: Chrysler 300 Limited, 300S, 300C and 300C Platinum
Ambassador Blue Interior
- The tenacious, “never-say-die” spirit of Detroit was the inspiration for the 300S model’s exclusive Black with Ambassador Blue Nappa leather interior with industrious Silver accent stitching. For added detail, the center console armrest and door armrests are color matched to this model’s unique sport seats and feature French seamed stitching in silver. Exclusive use of Piano Black on interior center stack, instrument panel, steering wheel, gauge cluster and door panel elements provide a uniquely lacquered and highly detailed appearance. Matte Carbon hydrographic accents and die-cast paddle shifters are also included.
- Model: Chrysler 300S
Black / Linen Interior
- A city that projects “oneness” with its environment – Sausalito, California was the muse for the two-tone Linen and Black interior. Inside a peaceful Zen is represented by these color choices. Bright Chrome and Satin Chrome accents highlight the environment while Charcoal Metallic hydrographic accents with black stitching and Black Olive Ash Burl wood with bronze stitching accents provide 300 Limited and 300C models with a high level of craftsmanship.
- Models: Chrysler 300 Limited and 300C
Interior design elements for the Chrysler 300 include a standard 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) cluster and class-exclusive electronic rotary transmission shifter, plus Chrysler brand’s signature three-spoke steering wheel with larger vehicle controls and available die-cast paddle shifters. In addition, the latest Uconnect systems have been added with the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen display.
Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission balances V-8 performance with segment-leading 31 mpg highway fuel efficiency
Once limited to sedans costing twice as much, the Chrysler 300 offers the innovative TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission standard on every model.
Chrysler 300S, 300C and 300C Platinum models with the 5.7-liter V-8 engine are paired to the state-of-the-art TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. By design, this gearbox provides world-class shift quality, refinement, fuel efficiency and Sport mode. Paired with this legendary engine, these Chrysler 300 models deliver 363 horsepower, 394 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in less than 6 seconds and class-leading performance with respect to:
- Best-in-class V-8 driving range (EPA estimated 16 mpg city/25 mpg highway)
- Best-in-class V-8 horsepower (363 horsepower)
- Best-in-class V-8 torque (394 ft.-lb.)
Chrysler 300 rear-wheel drive (RWD) or AWD models with the 292 horsepower (300 horsepower on 300S model) 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine are also paired with the TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission standard, offering class-leading fuel efficiency with respect to:
- Best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy (31 mpg)
- Best-in-class V-6 driving range (EPA estimated 19 mpg city/31 mpg highway)
- Unsurpassed in class V-6 combined fuel economy (23 mpg)
Chrysler 300S: more performance, athletically styled
In the lineup, the Chrysler 300S model is more dynamically capable, athletically styled and driver focused than ever.
Sport mode instantly transforms the Chrysler 300S model’s performance and personality. By engaging S port mode, drivers can reduce shift times from approximately 400 milliseconds to 250 milliseconds, increase engine and throttle responsiveness, plus firm up the steering feel of the electric power steering (EPS) system. For even greater V-6 performance, the Chrysler 300S model increases the standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine’s output to 300 horsepower and 264 lb.-ft. of torque, plus adds a unique sport-tuned dual exhaust system with a more distinctive sound.
To make sure the added power and precision connects the driver to the road, the Chrysler 300S model’s chassis features a sport-tuned suspension with increased damping. For drivers who want more handling capability, a new performance-tuned suspension with increased spring rates, performance-tuned steering and bushings, larger sway bars (with V-8 engine) and Goodyear Eagle F1 Three-season tires is now available on rear-wheel drive 2016 Chrysler 300S models.
Outside, the Chrysler 300S trades chrome exterior accents for unique blacked-out and body-color design details, and Hyper Black finished 20-inch aluminum wheels (19-inch with AWD). And for drivers who want even more performance and attitude, the Chrysler 300S can be had with a 363 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, eight-speed paddle-shifting transmission with Sport mode, and uniquely sculpted side sills and deck lid spoiler.
Most technologically advanced vehicle in its class thanks to an array of easy-to-use,
state-of-the-art advanced technology features
From its updated award-winning Uconnect Access system and the availability of Uconnect Access services with roadside assistance, theft-alarm notification, voice texting, the ability to turn the vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot, 3-D navigation and segment-exclusive premium BeatsAudio and Harman Kardon audio systems, the Chrysler 300 delivers a slew of high-tech features for a luxurious driving experience at a high value.
The Chrysler 300 sedan’s acclaimed Uconnect Access system leverages advanced embedded cellular technology, which enables direct, one-touch connections with emergency service providers, roadside assistance dispatchers and vehicle information specialists.
With its available mobile phone app, Chrysler 300 owners can start their vehicle, and lock or unlock doors, while away from the vehicle. Chrysler 300 owners also can access on-demand Wi-Fi, making their car a moving hotspot.
Uconnect Via Mobile lets customers enjoy their personal Internet radio accounts and stream audio content using their own mobile device data plans. It seamlessly brings four popular Internet radio apps into the Chrysler 300, including Aha by Harman, iHeartRadio, Pandora and Slacker. Like all Uconnect-brand features, it is designed to be easy to learn and easy to use.
The available navigation system accommodates one-step voice-controlled destination entry and enhanced 3-D navigation map graphics, making it simple for drivers to recognize where they are and where they need to go.
The Chrysler 300 also offers two premium audio systems designed to immerse passengers in the ultimate audio experience, including the segment-exclusive high-definition BeatsAudio system and premium Harman Kardon audio system with 18-speakers, 8-inch subwoofer and 900-watt amplifier.
Chrysler 300 offers more than 80 safety and security features; leverages state-of-the-art driver-assist features
In addition to building on its “Top Safety Pick” credentials from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), the Chrysler 300 offers more than 80 safety and security features, including Full-speed Forward Collision Warning – Plus, which provides autonomous braking and, under certain circumstances, slows or brings the vehicle to a full stop when frontal collision appears imminent.
Adaptive Cruise Control – Plus with Full Stop helps maintain distance from the vehicle ahead and, under certain traffic conditions, the system can bring the Chrysler 300 to full stop without driver intervention. Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist introduces subtle steering-wheel input to alert the driver of inadvertent lane departure and assist with corrective action.
Linking Chrysler 300 occupants directly with emergency-service providers, 9-1-1 call/Assist Call connects via built-in data connection with a push of a button, a feature exclusive to FCA Uconnect Access service.
The vehicle’s standard Keyless Enter ’n Go activates interior lighting and enables passive cabin entry and trunk access through the driver’s personalized key fob. The Chrysler 300 also includes a standard ultrasonic security system with an anti-tilt feature, which sounds an alarm if the vehicle is towed or raised on a jack.
Enthusiast-inspired rear-wheel-drive architecture with advanced technological solutions
The chassis of the 2016 Chrysler 300 is designed, engineered and fine-tuned to deliver world-class performance and efficiencies, thanks to its advanced technological solutions, which include:
- Electric power steering (EPS)
- Standard EPS system provides added efficiency, added driving ease in low-speed situations and when parking, and tuned for added responsiveness during spirited driving
- Lightweight axles for RWD and AWD
- Cast-aluminum axles and axle housing provide weight savings and help to reduce parasitic friction
- Sport mode (included on 300S, 300C with V-8 and 300C Platinum models)
- Enthusiast-desired Sport mode instantly transforms the sedan’s performance
and personality by:
- “S” gear selector enables sport engine and transmission calibration,
more responsive accelerator pedal calibration and permanent
- “Sport” button enables sport-tuned steering calibration and temporary paddle-shift mode, in addition to sport engine and transmission calibration, and increased responsiveness of the accelerator pedal calibration. Chrysler 300S AWD and 300C Platinum AWD models benefit even more as Sport mode turns AWD “on” (if off) and enables rear-biased torque for improved dynamics
- Both “S” gear and “Sport” button provide blistering-quick gear changes, reducing shift times by 37 percent (250 milliseconds versus 400 milliseconds) and can hold the desired gear without unexpected shifts, including at the redline
- “S” gear selector enables sport engine and transmission calibration,
- Enthusiast-desired Sport mode instantly transforms the sedan’s performance